We believe that childcare is an extension of the family unit. Each family is important and we
aim to support parents in the care and upbringing of their children in a happy and homely
atmosphere. Hundred Acre Wood has been running for 12 years with Denise Matodes as
principal. She is very active with a hands-on approach in all the classrooms. We are a family
orientated ECD centre and her door is always open to parents and all teachers.
We will provide a safe and nurtured environment in which to encourage, stimulate and
develop individual growth.
We believe that children should...
* Always feel safe, happy and comfortable
* Have opportunities to seek challenges as part of their exploration within a safe environment
* Be given the opportunity to experience a programme aimed at developing the child – physically,
* emotionally, imaginatively, socially and intellectually
* Have opportunities to express their feelings
* Have opportunities to be involved in activities that develop a positive self-concept and
* confidence in themselves
* Be able to grow in independence and respect the rights of others
* Develop an appreciation of the wider community through involvement of community, home
* and our daycare
* Be encouraged to be involved in the care of the environment
* Be taught to be loving, caring and to respect individual differences
100 Acre Wood Daycare achieves this philosophy by...
* Recognising that each child is an individual
* Providing a quality developmental programme within the context that learning and play should
* be fun
* Employing caring, appropriately qualified and experienced staff who can meet the varying
* needs of children
* Providing facilities of a high standard located within a healthy environment
* Ensuring that parents have the opportunity to discuss their children’s needs with staff
* Providing children with nutritional and inviting meals
Hundred Acre Wood Daycare is a registered Crèche and Educare Centre
with the Department of Social Development - Reg. Number: 13/3/5/2/2 C8140